At least two militants killed in raid, more still alive: Army
Sylhet : Two ‘militants’ have so far been killed as the operation, ‘Twilight’, at the suspected militant hideout at Shibbari of South Surma upazila in Sylhet continues.
“We’re certain that at least two militants were killed,” said Brigadier General Fakhrul Ahsan, spokesperson of the operation, while briefing reporters at a place adjacent to the den on Sunday afternoon.
He also said more militants wearing suicidal vests are still alive inside the building, Atia Mahal.
The Army official said it will take more time to end the operation as the militants inside the building are well-equipped with arms, explosives and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). “The entire area has turned risky. Considering the overall situation, it’ll take more time to end the standoff.”
He continued: “The para commandos will continue the operation until they take control of the house.”
Brig Gen Fakhrul said they are heading slowly and cautiously taking into consideration the safety and security of their personnel. “Our primary objective was to evacuate the residents which we did successfully.”
He said no Army member has so far been injured in the operation.