4 burnt in Chittagong gas cylinder explosion
Chittagong : Three of a family among four were burnt as a gas cylinder exploded in a six-storey building in Chittagong city early on Friday.
Three of the injured are Samuda Begum, in his sixties, Tonima Afrin, around 17 years old, and Ariful, in his twenties. The injured were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH).
Local people said a gas cylinder blasted at an apartment in the third floor of a six-storey building in Nirapod Resident Area of Dewan Bazar at about 5:00am.
The apartment owner, Motaleb along with his wife was at his village. His mother and two children were at the house.
The CMCH police post in-charge Jahirul Islam three members of the family were brought to the hospital. Among them, Samud Begum, and Tonima, are in critical condition.