No militant’s threat in country
DHAKA : Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal today said there is no security threat or militant’s threat at this moment in the country.
“We are working considering every possible security aspects and law enforcers have undertaken all security measures for holding the Biswa Ijtema peacefully,” he said while presiding a review meeting on preparation of the Biswa Ijtema at Tongi Pourasabha under Gazipur City Corporation.
The minister said law enforcers including intelligence agencies are working in the field level on the occasion of Biswa Ijtema, adding, “Our security personnel are very much technical and expert and everything is under control.”
“Necessary security measures have been taken for successful holding of the Biswa Ijtema. We are always ready,” Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal said.
He said about 20,000 foreign devotees from 101 countries took part in the Biswa Ijtema last year. This year the number of foreign devotees will be even more.
Besides, Liberation War affairs Minister AKM Mozammel Hoque spoke in the meeting as the chief guest, while lawmaker Zahid Ahsan Russel, Inspector General of Police AKM Shahidul Hoque delivered their speeches as special guests.
Biswa Ijtema, the second largest congregation of Muslims after Hajj, will begin on the bank of the Turag River in Tongi on January 13, while the second phase will be held on January 20-22.
Regarding militants issue, AKM Mozammel Hoque said the government would deploy plain cloth policemen alongside uniformed one, Rapid Action Battalion (RAB), Ansar and Armed Police Battalion personnel in large numbers in and around the Ijtema venue to ensure security of the pilgrims.
“The government has undertaken all security measures in the Ijtema and outside of the Ijtema for holding the Ijtema in a peaceful and secured manner,” he said.